Inglewood Care Centre- a Baptist Housing Community in West Vancouver, is looking for a Part-Time Recreation Assistant to join our Team and serve our Residents.
The Inglewood Care Centre is our newest community with an exciting new plan for redevelopment and expansion. Come be a part of a newly designed recreation therapy program that will use the latest innovations to engage and connect with Residents in new and creative ways. Help unlock memories with the music and memory program! Collaborate with a dynamic Team that strives to inspire with our wellness model of care that takes a holistic approach to one’s personhood.
Reporting to the Recreation Coordinator, the Recreation Assistant is responsible for the implementation of planned social and recreation programs designed to meet the physical, mental, social and spiritual needs of the Residents, and works collaboratively to implement a person-centered Wellness Model of Care. The Recreation Assistant is creative in providing individualized care to our Residents and responsible for communicating Resident progress, attendance and changes in physical and cognitive functioning.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you model our values in all interactions, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. You understand the needs of seniors and love serving them and assisting them to live well. You are committed to achieving the mission of Baptist Housing, supporting your team every day, and you have a positive attitude. You are creative, great at teaching others, and collaborate well with others.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs to Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behavior.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
- Recreation Assistants must have completed a recognized Activity Aide program (or equivalent)
- Emergency First Aid – Community Care or equivalent, and current Food Safe
- Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a Part-Time, Permanent Position. To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com telling us why you want to work at Inglewood Care Centre- a Baptist Housing Community.
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.