Baptist Housing is looking for a Registered Nurse to join our Team at Evergreen Community in White Rock, BC
Under the direction of the Director of Care, the RN evaluates, directs and maintains Resident care standards including the administration of medications and assessment of Residents’ physical, psychological and social health. The RN delegates assignments and acts as a support resource for the Team as well as Residents.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Current provincial registration is required with BCCNP Registry.
- Current certificate in a cardio-pulmonary resuscitation course at the BCLS-C level in accordance with the standards of the Canadian Heart Foundation.
- Previous experience in geriatrics or long term care is preferred.
- Must be in good health, well-groomed and have the physical capabilities which are compatible with standing, bending, lifting and assisting residents.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and maintain co-operation with all levels of personnel.
- Must be able to deal with residents and families in a manner which demonstrates tact, empathy and patience.
You must not be working elsewhere under the single site order.
This is a casual position. If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org describing how you are a fit with Baptist Housing.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.