Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to almost 2000 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.
Baptist Housing is seeking for a temporary full-time Rehabilitation Assistant to join the Team at The Heights at Mount View in Victoria, BC. This is a temporary full-time position from 18 October 2021 to 18 Jan 2022. Compensation includes a comprehensive benefit package upon successfully completing a 3-month probationary period.
Under the direction of the Physiotherapist/Occupational Therapist, the Rehabilitation Assistant is responsible for supporting and supervising Resident Therapy Programs. The Rehabilitation Assistant supports and assists the promotion of team education as required, and is responsible for regular monitoring of equipment and walking aids.
The Rehabilitation Assistant is committed to the safety of the Residents as well as the Team and contributes with valuable information to the development of Care Plans for the Residents, so that Resident care is of the utmost quality.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of others
- Honesty: exemplifying integrity and ethical behaviour
- Respect: treating people with care and dignity at all times
- Innovation: encouraging creativity in all endeavours
- Stewardship: using God-given resources effectively
- Teamwork: working together to achieve common goals
- Servant Leadership: serving each other to succeed with humility and grace
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves*
- Completion of a Therapy Assistant Diploma Program
- At least one year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current First Aid certification
- * Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
- *Proof of COVID-19 Immunizations (2 doses)
- * Able to provide PHN as per the Provincial Health Order
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to Dean Niebel at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining how you are a fit with Baptist Housing.