Resident Care Aide
Baptist Housing provides exceptional holistic care as we assist over 2500 seniors to experience life well in supportive communities in British Columbia. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and fun!
The Victoria Team is recruiting casual Resident Care Aides who are excited about being part of the team at our long-term care residence The Heights at Mount View.
Please, note that we are under the single-site order. Health Care professionals cannot work in more than one Long-term Care or Assisted Living residence while this restriction is in place.
The Resident Care Aide (RCA) is responsible for assisting Residents with activities of daily living. As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, the RCA participates in the concepts of multi-tasking and multi-skilling. The RCA works collaboratively to implement a person-centered Wellness Model of Care in an effort to normalize and enhance the lives of Residents, while involving them in their care and preserving their independence to the greatest possible extent. The RCA contributes valuable information to the development of Care Plans for the Residents, so that Resident care is of the utmost quality.
Baptist Housing Values As Servant Leaders we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
· Compassion: showing care and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of others
· Honesty: exemplifying integrity and ethical behaviour
· Respect: treating people with care and dignity at all times
· Innovation: encouraging creativity in all endeavours
· Stewardship: using God-given resources effectively
· Teamwork: working together to achieve common goals
· Servant Leadership: serving each other to succeed with humility and grace
· Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves
· Health Care Assistant Certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution
· Current registration in good standing with the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry
· Current Food Safe Level 1 Certificate
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults.
We are currently hiring for casual positions. To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter telling us about your experience, availability for day and evening shifts, and why you want to work for Baptist Housing. RCA’s are union positions and compensation and benefits are outlined by the Facilities HEU Collective Agreement.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria regions. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions.