Resident Care Aide
Resident Care Aide
Evergreen | White Rock | Casual
Baptist Housing provides communities and exceptional care to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of humility and grace, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. We understand the needs of seniors and love assisting them to live well, modelling our values in all interactions.
Evergreen is our ocean view property is located close to all the services and amenities White Rock. We are situated a mere 5 minutes from Peace Arch Hospital. Most of our 443 units are subsidized by Fraser Health Authority and BC Housing. Including assisted living at the Heights, senior’s rental housing at the Manor and long term care at the Terraces.
The Resident Care Aide (RCA) is responsible for assisting Residents with activities of daily living. As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, the RCA participates in the concepts of multi-tasking and multi-skilling. The RCA works collaboratively to implement a person-centered Wellness Model of Care in an effort to normalize and enhance the lives of Residents, while involving them in their care and preserving their independence to the greatest possible extent. The RCA contributes valuable information to the development of Care Plans for the Residents, so that Resident care is of the utmost quality.
- Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
- Health Care Assistant Certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Current registration in good standing with the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry
- Current Food Safe Level 1 Certificate
- Proof of Vaccination of COVID-19 (2 Doses) and PHN
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs to Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behavior.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
We are currently hiring for casual positions. To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter telling us about your experience, availability for day and evening shifts, and why you want to work for Baptist Housing. RCA’s are union positions and compensation and benefits are outlined by the Facilities HEU Collective Agreement.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment