Resident Services Assistant-(Casual)
Baptist Housing is looking for a casual Resident Services Assistant (RSA) to join the Team at Shannon Oaks in Vancouver. The Resident Services Assistant is a highly skilled professional, providing administrative support to our Shannon Oaks – Vancouver Campus and concierge service to our Residents and the public in a hospitality setting.
The Resident Services Assistant has highly developed customer service skills. You should be comfortable working with a broad range of documents including manuals, reports, spreadsheets and visual presentations. You are comfortable dealing with emergencies and routine enquiries from our Residents, Family Members and fellow Team Members. You are a critical thinker and problem solver, detailed and organized, and able to manage your time, workload and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently. As part of the Shannon Oaks Team you manage an office with ease and have a fun and friendly personality that maintains positive communication with all Residents and fellow Team Members, performs other related duties as assigned. You should enjoy serving seniors and connect with Baptist Housing values. The position reports to the Resident Services Coordinator.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and have a heart to serve others. The Baptist Housing Team is highly service-oriented and you should enjoy working in an atmosphere that encourages Teamwork and FUN.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English; verbally and written.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Minimum of three years’ experience providing administrative support in a hospitality or customer service role or equivalent training and experience.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
- Must enjoy working with seniors.
- Ability to work all shifts as applicable to the position.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good organizational skills.
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
-If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org July 20, 2020.
This is a casual position that requires flexibility for all shifts including evenings, nights and weekends.
For further information contact, Dean Neibel, HR Manager at 604-940-1960 (ext. 115)
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.