Baptist Housing provides exceptional holistic care as we assist over 2000 seniors to experience life well in supportive communities in British Columbia. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and fun!
The Victoria Team is looking for casual Schedulers to join them at The Heights at Mt. View, Victoria BC. Reporting to the HR Director, the Scheduler performs a variety of receptionist, clerical, and communication services for the scheduling and coordination of health care workers with the intent of filling planned leaves, short call and long call vacancies and workload requests in accordance with established Scheduling processes, policies and procedures.
As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
Baptist Housing Values
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavours and exemplifying creative courage
- Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
- Grade 12
- Keyboard at 50 wpm.
- Minimum 2 years of scheduling experience, at least 1 year in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Previous experience interpreting and applying collective agreements in a scheduling services environment.
- Must be proficient in Word/Excel and Outlook (will train on company-based software program).
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work effectively, both independently with a high level of autonomy and in collaboration with a team.
- Able to resolve conflict and preserve relationships in alignment with our values.
- Is a critical thinker with good problem-solving ability and sound judgement.
- Has well-developed organization skills.
- Manages time, workload and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently.
- Flexible and able to function effectively in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults is required.
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.