Baptist Housing is looking for a temporary full-time Senior Accountant to join our Team in our Head Office in Delta.
The Senior Accountant assists the Controller and Divisional Controller to ensure the integrity of general ledger transactions, reconciling balance sheet accounts and preparing financial statements. Provides support for monthly and year end closings and audit completion.
Duties include: Setting up month end journal entries, preparation of bi-weekly payroll journal entries, updates cash entries, bank reconciliations, maintains monthly working papers, reviewing of GL coding to ensure accuracy. Assists in preparing year-end working papers with supporting documents for the external auditors. Prepares donation receipts, dashboards, budget reports, forecasts and other projects as assigned to improve financial efficiency. Establishes interpersonal relationships with Team Members and Partners as required and works with the Controller and Divisional Controller regarding workflow and deadlines.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to foster and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions. The Senior Accountant is highly service oriented, has a focus on meeting critical deadlines, and is able to work independently and collaboratively with a high degree of confidentiality.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum of two years accounting experience.
- Acceptance into the CPA Prerequisite Education Program is an advantage.
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a temporary full-time position (37.5 hrs/week).
For further information, contact: Dean Neibel, HR Manager at (604) 940-1960(ext. 115). If you are interested in this position please e-mail your resume and details to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to almost 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.
Expires: September 28, 2020