Social Worker (Part-Time)
Inglewood Care Centre- a Baptist Housing Community in West Vancouver, is looking for a Part-Time Social Worker to join our Team and serve our Residents.
The Social Worker is responsible for supporting the Administrator in all Resident admission processes while also providing guidance and comfort to new Residents and their families. The Social Worker provides Residents and their families with Social Work services by developing, implementing and monitoring programs which meet the social, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of the Residents. Provides support for annual surveys (family, Resident, and Team); ensures a commitment to Resident safety and to fulfilling our mission, vision, and values in serving the Residents who are entrusted to our care. The resulting environment supports and respects the autonomy, independence, dignity, spiritual wellness, and privacy of our Residents. The Social Worker will value learning, embrace innovative change and promote health and wellness using a person-centered and normalized living approach in the context of Christian ministry.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and have a heart to serve others. The Baptist Housing Team is highly service-oriented and you should enjoy working in an atmosphere that encourages Teamwork and FUN.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Baccalaureate degree in Social Work
- Maintains registration with BC College of Social Workers
- Minimum three years of recently related experience in a long term care setting.
- Knowledge of complex care facility environment and the effects of aging, disease and disability on the Resident and the Resident family.
- Knowledge of available community and governmental resources.
- Knowledge of Fraser Health Authority complex care processes.
- Interest in and appreciation of older adults and chronically ill individuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others both within and without the organization.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in a continuously changing environment and take initiative to ensure effective and timely delivery of services.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to support a respectful workplace environment.
- Good computer and keyboarding competence.
If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.