Baptist Housing is seeking an energetic Volunteer Coordinator (VC) to join our Team in Victoria. This is a temporary (part-time) maternity leave replacement, beginning around March 2nd, 2020. Compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Under the direction of the Regional Administrators and reporting to the Vice President Spiritual Care & Special Operations, the Volunteer Coordinator collaborates with the Chaplains and Recreation Program Facilitators to perform the following essential functions:
- Organizes, coordinates and manages the recruitment of volunteers to meet the Resident’s individual holistic needs and abilities including spiritual care.
- Works with social, civic and other local organizations and churches to develop partnerships and where appropriate, to recruit volunteers.
- Provides basic orientation and coordinates needed training programs for all volunteers.
- Maintains updated electronic records on all volunteers including hours served.
- Sets up and attends volunteer meetings. Reports on volunteer activities as needed.
- Recommends and develops ongoing volunteer utilization.
- Develops and implements a volunteer recognition program.
To be successful as the Volunteer Coordinator you demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Networking and Relationship Building Skills.
- Servant Leadership.
- Planning and Organizational Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you are committed to achieving Baptist Housing’s mission and compelled by our values to provide exceptional holistic care as you assist seniors to experience life well in supportive communities through spiritual care and operational leadership.
As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors or post-secondary education in Social Sciences, Human Resources, Administration, or Adult Education, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with, and understanding of, building local community partnerships and relationships with Christian church communities.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Volunteer Administration role or related experiences.
- Eligibility for membership in the Administrators of Volunteers Resources – British Columbia (AVRBC) or Volunteer Management Professionals of Canada (VMPC)
This position will work in multiple locations and requires personal transportation and the ability to occasionally work flexible hours to accommodate special events.
This is a permanent part-time position (0.8 FTE) with an excellent compensation and benefits package. Please include a cover letter with your resume telling us why you are the right person for this role!
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to almost 2000 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific