Baptist Housing is seeking an energetic Volunteer Coordinator to join our Team in Victoria. This is a permanent part-time position. Compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.
The Volunteer Coordinator assists the Chaplains and activity and recreation team members by coordinating volunteer work placement designed to meet the resident’s individual needs and abilities. The Volunteer Coordinator will value learning, embrace innovative change, and promote safety, wellness and spiritual care using a person-centered approach.
- Implements the objectives of the volunteer programs while continuously seeking to enhance and further develop the programs
- Adheres to and supports the ethical and moral positions of Baptist Housing (i.e. Sanctity of Life beliefs) as reflective of the Christian religious beliefs upon which Baptist Housing was founded.
- Effectively implements strategies to recruit, screen, and select quality volunteers
- Recruits spiritual care volunteers from local churches who are able to help facilitate chapel services and who can provide visitation, prayer, bible reading or study, and discussion on spiritual matters from a perspective reflective of the Christian religious beliefs upon which Baptist Housing was founded
- Orientates volunteers to increase their understanding of their role(s) and responsibilities and how that fits into the overall ministry of Baptist Housing
- Ensures volunteers have the necessary training for their tasks, or for the provision of spiritual care, and an appropriate understanding of the geriatric needs of Residents
- Responsible for statistical compilation and interpretation of volunteer data in order to establish and review continuous volunteer improvement initiatives
- Makes recommendations regarding further training and orientation requirements
- Generates and displays enthusiasm, excitement and commitment for the Mission, Vision and Values
- Supports the Wellness Model of Care and the maintenance of normalized living
Other duties as assigned and as reflective of individual strengths
To be successful as the Volunteer Coordinator you demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Networking and Relationship Building Skills
- Servant Orientation
- Planning and Organizational Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time Management
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you are committed to achieving Baptist Housing’s mission and compelled by our values to provide exceptional holistic care as you assist seniors to experience life well in supportive communities through spiritual care and operational leadership.
As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behavior.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors or Post-Secondary education in Social Sciences, Human Resources, Administration, or Adult Education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of two years of experience in a Volunteer Administration role or related experiences
- Eligibility for membership in the Administrators of Volunteers Resources – British Columbia (AVRBC) or Volunteer Management Professionals of Canada (VMPC)
- This position will work in multiple locations and recruit volunteers from a variety of venues and requires personal transportation
- Signs and adheres to the Statement of Faith of Baptist Housing.
This is a permanent part-time position (.80 FTE) with an excellent compensation and benefits package. To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about your experience, and why you want to work for Baptist Housing.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment.
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to almost 2000 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific