Opportunities vary depending on which location you are interested in visiting.
- Exercise Assistant - Be present and participate in an exercise class which is led by Recreation Coordinator team member or online.
- Garden Support - Assists with either specified gardening time, and/or general upkeep of Resident gardens.
- Games - Volunteer will set up, clean up, assist and/or lead game with the goal of having all Residents participating and enjoying the activity. Some examples are - Bingo, Card Games, Board Games, Wii … and many more.
- Tech Assistant - Assist Residents with computer challenges and / or educate residents in basic computer skills. This will be done through one-on-one training or leading a small group through computer skills
- Bus Outing Companion - Accompany Residents and Bus Outing Leader on bus outings into the community, with the goal of engaging Residents in comfortable conversation and assisting Bus Outing Leader as needed.
- Musical Performer - Perform engaging music for Residents.
- Library Assistant - Assist in managing and keeping in order library. Support Residents with book rent of their choice.
- Pet Therapy - Provide residents of Baptist Housing with the opportunity to spend time with Volunteers and their pets who have gone through a community approved Pet Therapy Program.
- Manicurist - Assist Residents with hand massage and nail care (apply nail polish). No trimming of nails or cuticles involved. Hand pampering only.
- Tea Time and Snack Server - During Tea Times assist Residents in pouring coffee or tea, getting their snack, and helping them find a seat. Once Residents are seated feel free to mingle and connect with other Residents.
- Arts and Crafts Assistant - Assist with craft preparation, help set up and put away craft supplies. Supporting Residents during the crafts with any help they may require.
- One on One Visitor - Visiting Residents one on one for meaningful companionship through conversation, walking in the garden, ... etc.
- Spiritual Care - Assist Chaplain Team in providing Spiritual Care support to Residents in Chapel Services, Hymn Singing, Scripture Reading, Praying.
- Holiday Decorator - Assist with seasonal or holiday decorating and activities.
- Admin Support - Assist in a wide variety of duties such as filing, preparing mailings, adding online calendar activities for Residents and Family Members.