Volunteers, contractors and paid staff from local non-profit organizations provide Better at Home services. They are designed to complement existing services and are based on the unique needs of local seniors. Examples include:
- Friendly phone conversations
- Light yard work
- Minor home repairs
- Light housekeeping
- Grocery shopping
Register for NEW Safe Seniors, Strong Communities Program
A program that matches seniors who need support with non-medical essentials, to volunteers in their community who are willing to help. If you are a senior in need or would like to volunteer to help a senior in your community call 2-1-1 from 8:00am to 7:00pm. You may also visit online at bc211.ca.
A clean mask protects you and those around you!
It’s important to wear a clean mask.This means you will need multiple masks so you always have a clean one ready to use. Reusable masks can be purchase at most grocery, drug and department stores.
When should I change my mask?
- Anytime it is damp or dirty
- Anytime you touch the front with unwashed hands
How do I wash my reusable mask?
- Machine wash on hot with your laundry
- Hand wash hot water with soap & hang dry
- These are NOT washable
- Discard in lined garbage can/bin
- Need to be replaced regularly